September 14, 2011

Where I Find Inspiration

When I get stuck in a creative rut these are the places I look for inspiration....

1. Fashion/Home Decor

 I love flipping through fashion and home decor magazines and catalogs for inspiration for both my card making and scrapbooking! It is the perfect place to look for color inspiration and embellishment ideas!

2. Industry Magazines
I am a scrapbook and card making magazine collector, that is for sure! They are jam packed with fantastic ideas, layouts, color combos, embellishment ideas and everything in between. My two favorites are Canadian Scrapbooker and Scrapbooks, ETC. Even if you don't scrapbook these magazines provide loads of card making inspirations well.

3. Idea Book & Catalog
I refer time and time again the Stampin' Up!'s Idea Book & Catalog. Not only is it full of projects that we can "CASE", I love to use the Designer Papers to create color combos. If you don't have one of these catalogs yet be sure to email me at kimberleyeklund@hotmail.com to find out how to get one!

4. Split Coast
 Split Coast Stampers is a rich source of inspiration for paper crafters, no doubt about it! From their fabulous line up of tutorials, amazing daily challenges, and fantastic gallery of projects! If you need inspiration for a specific stamp set, find loads of ideas here!


5. Page Maps
 
 Page Maps simply rocks! Every month new scrapbook layouts are posted and from time to time card maps are posted too! They even have two amazing books out.....ask our Creative Team member Rae about them, she was lucky enough to receive them as Christmas last year!


Kimberley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...